Saturday, March 8, 2008

There's wisdom in Kermit the Frog

This morning I was flipping through one of my favorite books "It's Not Easy Being Green and Other Things to Consider." This is a book of quotes from Jim Henson, the Muppets and many of his friends. When Caleb was a baby I would read these quotes to him while I was feeding him. I need to continue reading these quotes to him because there is a lot of wisdom in this book. Here's a quote from Kermit that I felt was so appropriate for me and my spa girlfriends:

Yeah, well, I've got a dream, too. But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy. That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. And, well, I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream. And it kind of makes us like a family.

I love it! I used to feel guilty about the amount of income I made in the corporate world. I felt I was overpaid for what I did when I would come across teachers who were shaping young lives and they were making half of what I did. I constantly gave at my church and continue to help out with MDA but I still couldn't shake this "guilt" I had. But with BeautiControl, I have the luxury of sharing this amazing gift with everyone I know. It could be the gift of relaxation, amazing products or a new career. But I can offer each of those to everyone and regardless of which they choose, make their lives better. And I can still earn an amazing income and travel around the world just as I have always dreamed. I have found my calling.

No comments: