Friday, December 19, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Ahhhh, the season is upon us. Even old Scrooge here is getting a little excited about the holidays. For the past few weeks Christmas cards have arrived from various friends and family. I love getting them, checking out how big the kids are getting and reading all the stories that are included with the cards. Makes me think - I should do that! Not everyone reads my blogs as you do. And my neighbor reminded me that when I don't update it frequently - no one will read it! :)

The festivities will begin this weekend with Donald's father's side of the family. Then next week will continue with my side and then end with my father's side of the family coming to town the day after Christmas. So our house will be filled with lots of noise and activities. I'm sure Hattie and Oliver will survive. They'll be freaked out momentarily by all the noise and then relish in all the attention they'll receive. I took a picture of them recently. My Aunt Lucie gave us a cushioned bench over the summer and the dogs have taken quite a liking to it. Especially when I have the fire going.... I apologize for the poor quality of the photo. This was taken with my phone and of course, first and foremost, it is a phone.

Donald just returned from The Bahamas. He turned 30 this past August and I (and many others) gave him scuba lessons for his birthday. Needless to say, he's enjoyed it thoroughly! They did their certification dive in The Bahamas and here's the link for some pics from that. He went on a shark dive!

I hope you all have a fantastic holiday and a prosperous New Year!

Elizabeth

No comments: