Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Successful Trip to Vegas

Last week, I visited Las Vegas with two goals in mind - find a place to live and meet some new folks! Both goals were accomplished!

As you all know, I'm a planner. I had 8 apartments already scoped out online and went to visit those 8 first. Then I dropped in a few that I saw along the way to the others. I finally settled on an apartment complex just outside the Henderson border. It's absolutely fantastic! I'll have two bedrooms so that I have an office for my spa business. The only downfall - hardly any closets. There is a huge walk-in closet in each bedroom so I imagine the office closet will have to serve as storage space as well. But even though closet space is limited, I'm happy about it. It will allow me to declutter even more than I already have! The sales person at the complex gave me several floorplan printouts and of course, on my flight home, I began drawing in where each piece of furniture will be placed! I'm so excited! I can move in as early as May 3rd. I'm finalizing a few more details before I'll announce officially what date I'll make the drive across country!

Goal #2 was networking. Can I just say that I am in absolute awe of how well people in the Las Vegas area network? I guess they have to. I only met 3 people who were actually FROM Las Vegas while I was out there for 4 days! My dear friend Jennifer Lee invited me to stay with her and she had set us up with a different networking group each night I was there. The first night was the Busy Women's Group, next was the Girls Night Out Group and so forth. I bet you I came home with 50 business cards and I passed out every single one of mine. The last day I was there, I had to tear a sheet of paper to give a girl my contact information. It was insane and I loved every minute of it.

Being a Southern girl, I was a little leary of how accepting and friendly LV folks would be. Well it's a melting pot of folks from all over the world and I didn't meet a single unfriendly face! And you'd laugh to hear how many Tennesseans I met. Heck, the very first person I met was from Jackson, TN (65 miles from Memphis). So needless to say, I loved every minute of it and am so excited to move!

These next few weeks will be filled with work, finalizing details, selling some furniture and appliances, and most importantly - seeing friends before I leave. For those of you who I will be leaving behind here in Memphis - know that I will be back to visit! This is not the last time you'll ever see me. And to those of you who wish to visit Las Vegas - let me know when you're in town. I'd love to see you!

Speaking of those details that need to be finalized, I must return to crossing off items on my list. More updates to come.

No comments: