Friday, February 8, 2008

Yesterday was a sad day

As many of you know, yesterday was a sad day for me. My boss brought me in to his office to tell me that it was time for us to part. I was shocked and taken by surprise but accepted it for what it was. Our business has been slow and I had not had a lot of work to do in the past 6 weeks or so. So it happened, I am jobless. I was sad and angry all at once. I continued my little pity party until about 7pm last night. Then I put on my big girl panties and moved on!
I got up this morning and listened to a few Office Spa conference calls. You see, in our network of BeautiControl, we have 2 conference calls a week and then we record each one. So it's like mini-meetings that we can refer back to any time we choose! I have many home spas on my calendar for February but no Office Spas because I've worked during the day until now. So I'm refreshing myself with new information and will hit the streets next week looking for spas. There is so much business out there for me to get and I'm going for it!
My friend Brian sent me this quote yesterday which was quite fitting:


"I am more and more convinced that our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves."


Karl Wilhelm Von Humboldt
1767-1835, German Statesman

Go out today and make it a great one. There's lots of joy in the world for us to experience!

Elizabeth

No comments: