Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy Hump Day!

Today is Wednesday, April 16th. Thank goodness my taxes are done. Let me tell you, I am drinkin' some BeautiControl kool-aid! Donald and I have owned our house for almost 6 years and have been married for almost 5 years and until BeautiControl came along, we always paid back in to the IRS each tax season. I believe the most we paid in was about $2,200. But apparently we "made too much money" and didn't have kids so we always paid in. This is my third tax season with BeautiControl and we've always received back money from the IRS. This year we're getting back $3,844! Can you believe it? I'm loving my little tax deduction.

My business is going well. My team is doing a "marketing campaign" where we call offices and book office spas. So far so good. Today is day #2 and we'll book a bunch today. Our first day we booked 3 on the spot! So our calendars and pockets will be full.

Today, my cousin Sarah is closing on my Aunt Margaret's house. It's so bitter sweet. Aunt Margaret passed away 3 years ago and we recently put her house on the market. It sold quite quickly. I'm glad that the house will be lived in and loved but it was sad to leave it yesterday. As you all know, I've lived in Memphis almost my whole life. I moved around a lot (all within the city of Memphis) and Aunt Margaret's home was the same the whole time. She owned the house for 38 years. I always felt at home in her house. We have fond memories of family gatherings and spent many holidays celebrating in that house. So today we say goodbye to the Verne house and hello to many years of remembering all the fun we had there.

I'm going now. Got to get ready for my team to come over and make calls with me. I hope all of you have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: