Thursday, May 8, 2008

How About An Update?

I know that each and everyone of you faithful blog readers have been checking my blog and wondering what is new. Well, I'll tell you. I've been quite a busy little bee.

May 1st I entered my 4th month in DIQ. For those of you who are not familiar with the Director In Qualification process, let me explain. When you are working to become a Director with BeautiControl, you enter a 6 month program. You have sales and recruitment goals. And not only do you have goals for yourself, but for your team as well. So far, we've done amazing! We've smashed our goals quite easily each month. I have an amazing team that is so receptive to all that I wish to teach them. As you all know, I love to teach and so this is right up my ally. My team has recently had HUGE success with Office Spas. Very similar to the Home Spa that many of you have experienced, but this one spa takes less time and usually happens during office hours. It's an amazing gift that we get to give people during their work day. They are so appreciative of what we do for them and it's been a blessing.

So, the past few months have been absolutely crazy for me and I apologize to all whom I may have neglected. My dear friends Emily and Danny have been waiting patiently for me to visit them in Birmingham to spend time with them and their new son. I think about it daily and miss them terribly. I promise the time will come soon when I can see you guys. Know that I check your blog every other day or so and love getting updates on Britton.

It's time for MDA Camp again. Can you guys believe it? It's June 1 thru 6. So I've got to stack my business around that time that I need off. It'll be a busy few weeks. There is a very strong possibility that this will be my last year volunteering. Next year, MDA corporate is changing the children's age limit to 17 instead of 21. This means that many of our kids who thought they had a few years left at camp, this will be their last. And with that, the Memphis area may not have enough kids to sustain a camp on their own. It's possible they'll either eliminate it or group our kids with the Nashville camp. The future is uncertain. So this year, I'll make sure we have a rockin' good time. We'll go all out!

Donald's doing awesome. He was recently certified to be a rowing instructor at our gym. Here's a link to the kind of rowers he trains on. He loves it! I believe he teaches his first class next Friday morning at 5:30am. Sadly, I doubt I'll be there! We've both lost about 25 lbs each and we've enjoyed trying on all of our summer clothes only to discover that we needed to have some stuff altered!

Well, I think that's it for now. I hope that all are doing well. I'll update with more info later.

Love, hugs and kisses,

Elizabeth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! We can't wait to see you soon too! Love that you are doing so well!

Unknown said...

Hi there! I'm just now checking in on your blog after getting your note months ago. Life is crazy. Lots of things (two, in particular) get in the way of my "me" time on the computer. Send me your email. Would love to catch up! I am keeping in touch in a roundabout way -- via Bill Brown Plumbing. You name it, it leaks in this house!