Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm lovin' in!

Another beautiful week in Vegas! I keep hearing this threat of obnoxiously hot weather and yet we're enjoying the coolest spring in history! The funny thing is, it's freaking out the locals! They're quite disappointed when I believe we should all embrace this gorgeous weather, get out and enjoy it!

Today I will work on finishing my office. I've completed decorating the rest of my apartment and have put off the office as long as I could! So this weekend I'll finish painting the office, putting everything in its place, tackle the paperwork that's piling up from all the spas I've had this month and hang the decorations I have stashed away for the office. And then, I'll take some pictures and share with all the world!

Everyday that I am here, I discover additional things I love about Vegas. So here's a continuation of that list:

The DMV - what an organized establishment! Yes, I spent 3 hours there but I was prepared. I had some work with me and a book. But compared to the Memphis DMV - it was a breath of fresh air.

The Henderson Area - I sense a great deal of competition between the Summerlin and Henderson residents. Each feel that their area is the best. I chose to live near Henderson and yes, I do conclude that it is the BEST! I've spent some time in Summerlin and the biggest thing I noticed - Henderson is greener. Sorry Summerlin - this Southern Girl enjoys the trees and grass. I didn't see too much of that in Summerlin. Summerlin is right on the edge of some mountains and unfortunately that area is just as brown as the mountains.

The People - I know I touched on this last week but I continue to meet amazing people every day. Everyone here is so welcoming and curious as to why I actually "chose" Las Vegas versus being moved here against my will. It's hilarious but I adore it! It allows me to show people that my life is blessed with choices that I get to make!

Signing off for now. I hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day weekend and finds ways to honor those who have served our country.

Blessings to you all!

No comments: