Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Welcome to Vegas

I've been in Vegas for 3 weeks now and thought I'd share with you an update to how life is here in Sin City! My journey began Friday, April 30th when I drove from Memphis to Amarillo, TX. After reaching Little Rock, AR, I was on a stretch of I-40 I'd never seen and so I enjoyed the drive thoroughly. The following day I completed my drive to Las Vegas and as excited I was to finally see Hoover Dam for the first time, I knew I was only 8 miles from my destination and so I was antsy about getting there! I'll have plenty of time to revisit Hoover Dam and other sites around the Vegas area once I'm more settled.

Within 2 days of arriving in Vegas, we were out doing School Spas. Two weeks before I left Memphis, I sent faxes to 36 schools in the Vegas area and 4 called me back within 2 hours of receiving the fax! How amazing I felt knowing that I would arrive in Vegas with work already scheduled for me. As fate would have it, a young lady from Michelle Jones's team also moved to Vegas the same day I did and so I had a business partner to help me work the 5 schools we had booked!

The first week was AWESOME! We completed 3 school spas and then I was blessed with having Michelle Jones and Brian Cook join me in Vegas. They were here to help me unpack, set up my internet and they even helped me paint! How blessed I am to have amazing friends. After a long week of moving, completing 3 school spas and also leading my first BeautiU training here in Vegas, Brian & Michelle took me out for a night on the town to celebrate my arrival!
Brian and Michelle headed back to LA that Sunday and so began week 2! Week two included two more school spas. Justine and I ended up selling $3417.33 among the 5 schools and booked over 15 spas! How amazing is that? Week two ended with my doing my first home spa in Vegas. The group was quite entertaining and I don't recall the last time I laughed so hard! I had 4 guests at the spa and I recruited 2 of them and booked spas for the other 2.

I am so excited to be in this amazing city! I've experienced 60mph winds that made me wonder if there would be an tornado. I've seen humid, overcast days that never resulted in rain. I think this will be my biggest obstacle - predicting the weather. Learning what happens here instead of reverting to what those weather conditions would equate to in Memphis!

I've met so many great people. And the funniest thing is, most of those people I've met tell me how hard it is to meet people in this city. I just laugh. I'm having a blast and looking forward to updating this blog more frequently to keep all of you updated.

I'm still working on the finishing touches of my apartment and will post photos soon I promise!

Until next time, Viva Las Vegas!

5 comments:

Forrester Fam said...

Glad to know things are going so well for you. I have been meaning to send you an email to find out.

Alanna Sowles said...

Congrats Elizabeth! I am so happy for you and Justine both! Hurry up and come visit us here in Cali though so I can meet you in person!

Unknown said...

I wanted to share how we got Elizabeth inducted as an official Las Vegan! Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4vhhpzv5Rg

Wanda Johnson said...

Can you email me what you faxed the schools? I am so glad that you were able to hit the ground running. I knew you would do just fine. I am so proud of you and I still remember the first day BC was introduced to you!

Jenny said...

Awesomeness!! Way to go with the school spas...and the reason you can meet so many people and connect with them is that you have a "job" that allows you to pamper people and gives them something they rarely give themselves. Hope it continues to go well!

Jenny White
(Kelly Rogers Team)